Labour’s 2017 Manifesto included a promise to create a National Education Service. Our speakers will provide a political and practical reflection on how a cradle-to-grave service might work:-
- Mike Watson, Labour’s Education spokesperson in the House of Lords
- Jonathan Bartley, Co-Leader of the Green Party
- Kevin Courtney, joint General Secretary of the new National Education Union
- Pam Jarvis regarding Early Years
- Pam Tatlow, Chief Executive of MillionPlus, the Association for Modern Universities
- Tom Wilson, formerly of the TUC, the Association of University Teachers and previously National Trade Union Liaison Officer for the Labour Party
- There will also be a speaker on behalf of parents campaigning on school funding
We will be asking:
- What entitlement should a National Education Service offer to all learners?
- How can we improve access to education and training opportunities for all?
- How can a National Service offer locally-managed delivery?
- How can an NES deliver lifelong education free at the point of use? .